Become a member of QSD
(Qualitätssprachendienste Deutschlands e.V.)
THE GERMAN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TRANSLATION SERVICES
There are many good reasons to become a member
- QSD, as the German member of EUATC (European Union of Associations of Translations Companies), plays an important role in the discussions and decision-making processes affecting the European translation industry. As a QSD member, you receive first-hand information about legal and economic developments in the European translation industry.
- QSD focuses on professionalism and the highest quality standards for translation services. The certification requirements for members are correspondingly high. The QSD symbol is therefore a distinction which sets QSD members apart from other competing companies, also in the eyes of clients
- The PR activities and the QSD presence in both the German and the international market, assist each individual QSD member in their own search for additional business.
- QSD maintains close links with the other European national associations and their members within EUATC. As a QSD member, you stand to gain from this cooperative relationship when handling large multilingual translation projects.
- At QSD, the exchange of information and joint development of strategy regarding issues of quality assurance and optimisation of work processes are key areas where you benefit directly as a QSD member.
- Through its policies and its links with other professional associations, QSD seeks to bring about an improvement in relations between translation companies and freelance translators. The QSD symbol gives a clear signal and promotes co-operation with freelancers in a spirit of partnership.
- QSD challenges false preconceptions and promotes the development of the next generation of translators by setting up practical training placements for translators at the business premises of QSD members. As a QSD member, you can also participate in these programmes.
- QSD members actively share information on best practices in everyday translation, company and management life.
- Through targeted PR activities, QSD is raising the status of the translation profession in the eyes of the public, and thus improving the image of its members and of translators generally.
- QSD organises and participates in events, and also takes part in events, such as congresses, symposia, seminars and workshops, from which you can derive immediate benefit as a QSD member.