We are thrilled to be planning our first in-person conference since 2019! Set in the vibrant and exciting city of Berlin, the conference promises to be a great opportunity to renew acquaintances and make new friends IN PERSON!
Localization, by its very nature, allows our products, our message, our presence to be Unlimited. With research and, yes, hard work, we are able to reach people all over the world in a way that appears simple and easy for them to understand.
Like much in life, things that appear simple and easily understood are quite often the most challenging to produce. This is definitely true in localization. That’s why we have the whole language industry. And, that’s why we hold LocWorld conferences.
What work have you accomplished to remove limits? How have you learned from your mistakes? How have you worked together with others to solve problems? This topic is very broad, but to give you an idea, possible topics include:
- Innovation and its importance in business
- Finding and serving new markets
- Scaling content and time frames for the new normal
- The advantages and the challenges of AI and technology
- Keeping end-users engaged and satisfied
While “Unlimited” is the theme for this conference, there are general topics that are always acceptable for proposals.
- Advanced Localization Management: The latest information on trends, processes, technologies, and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Content Management: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards, repeatable processes, advanced information technologies, and the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- EDUinLOC: Systematic planning for education in localization to embrace the revolution brought by machine learning, bridge the gap between academia and industry, and prepare for the next generation localizers.
- Global Business: Practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: Introductory information for companies that need to localize but are unsure where to start.
- Technical: This track is more about the how than the why. It looks at the application of cutting-edge localization standards and technologies that improve global user experience through innovative globalization automation, best practices, techniques and tools.
- Trade Secrets: Information about how to run better organizations and increase the profitability of language service providers.
- Translation Automation/AI: Best practices and solutions for automation and artificial intelligence in the localization process, including machine translation, project management, and translation quality evaluation, and how humans and machines all work together through standards and technological innovation.
- Translators/Interpreters: The cornerstone of our business: discussions with practitioners for practitioners on how to successfully work in the localization space, how to expand chances for acceptance, and learn what the current trends are.