17 September 2020
15.00 – 17.30 Berlin time
Meet German Language Services Companies and Buyers
Germany is the largest market for translation and localization services in the European Union. It generates more than 1.25 billion euros in business a year, and it is home for 1650 LSPs and more than 8,000 translators. The Mittelstand, medium-sized companies, dominate the landscape creating more than 60% of revenue. With COVID19 lockdowns, rapid digitalization, and renewed price pressure, this market undergoes a transformation, and you can be a part of it.
- Learn about this rich and varied landscape from industry researcher Konstantin Dranch
- a 40-minute presentation detailing key players, services pricing, technology and trends
- Meet peer professionals from Germany
- Between 100 and 200 participants expected
- Initiate 1-on-1 discussions to create business links and opportunities
This is a networking event for the representatives of the German language industry and those interested in working with them. We invite representatives of translation companies, in-house language departments, technology companies, language professionals, observers and academia.
- Welcome speech by QSD president Heike Leinhäuser
- 30-minute presentation of the QSD German language industry study
- 90-minute Networking! Make introductions, establish connections, do business
- Free for representatives of German companies that took the QSD survey (1 complementary ticket per company)
- 45 euros per ticket – standard admission
- 150 euros – premium admission to highlight your company with a banner & a link visible in the networking area.
The networking will be available both in English and German, depending on the discussion table that you pick. Presentations will be delivered predominately in English with automatically-generated German subtitles.
Organizers and Sponsors
This online event is hosted by the Qualitätssprachendienste Deutschlands e.V.(QSD) association, a respected and recognized body that represents German LSPs for more than 20 years. Virtual event platform Remo will be used for networking. Event sponsors:
- XTRF – Translation company management system
- MemoQ – CAT tool for the translation and localization industry
- Protemos – management system for translation agencies and freelancers
- Logrus Global Localization Cloud – All-in-one toolset for the language industry
- LBS – a CRM + ERP solution for translation companies